Aurtra is a vibrant new technology IoT organisation with powerful algorithm/cloud-based IP transforming power asset management. We deliver game-changing asset management solutions for the power distribution industry through continuous condition monitoring and state of the art performance and state analysis. We are venture-backed and have first-mover advantage in a massive global market. Our custom hardware and software product is already providing value to customers in Australia and around the world. Our world-class team is made up of previously successful executives, entrepreneurs and multi-talented engineers.
Open Position: Business Development Manager (APac)
Please read the Job Description below, use the Contact Form in the footer to register your interest and we will contact you direct for further information.
Aurtra is seeking a Business Development Manager to drive large scale revenue opportunities for the company. You will build long term channel partner relationships to generate alternate revenue streams for the company and also manage direct sales relationships with regional power utilities and large energy users.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Generating sales revenue by managing end user sales in utilities and large energy users
• Generating sales revenue from non-traditional alternate channels
• Managing activities to identify and build new business opportunities in markets worldwide
• Preparing plans and forecasts based on evaluated market conditions, developing business strategies to achieve the objectives
• Direct preparation of proposals to drive the identified opportunities
• Responding to unique business opportunities and unusual market situations, once commercial viability and resource requirements are identified
• Working with an international team on large tender and revenue opportunities for the company
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business is strongly desired, although a combination of education equivalency and directly related work experience will also be considered.
• 6+ years of successful sales or sales engineering experience in power distribution network hardware or software products
• Knowledge of LV/MV/HV power distribution product lines
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
• Understanding of the motivations and buying behaviour of power utility and large energy customers
• Strategic planning skills translating goals into viable marketing and sales plans
• Team-player who can work well individually or in an international team
• Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals
• Passionate commitment to the company vision
• Travel required 40+%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS in Electrical Engineering preferred
• Experience in selling to transformer and power distribution network related products highly desirable.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in Australia. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in Australia.
In addition to an opportunity in the fast-paced IoT technology space in a company with a valued recurring revenue SaaS business model, we offer:
• A competitive base salary plus revenue-based commission
• Extensive training at our Australia-based HQ along with career development
• The ability to participate in an exciting and growing market segment
• Participation in the company’s Employee Stock Option Plan
• Potential to relocate into the APAC region